- Jacksonville, FL
- Salary: $35,000.00 to $37,000.00 /hour
The Women’s Center offers a challenging, dynamic and supportive environment to its employees. Awareness of feminism and sensitivity to the societal issues of women preferred. The Women’s Center embraces diversity in the workplace.
The Women’s Center of Jacksonville is a nonprofit Jacksonville-based organization offering education, support and advocacy to survivors of all genders and ages. Each year, the Women’s Center of Jacksonville provides 300 sexual assault survivors with forensic exams. The Women’s Center of Jacksonville is the only certified rape crisis center in Duval, Baker and Nassau Counties and also offers community education, counseling, referral assistance, rape prevention services and breast cancer education, support and advocacy at complimentary and affordable prices.
The Women’s Center of Jacksonville serves as the certified rape crisis center for Duval, Baker and Nassau Counties, offering comprehensive sexual assault services to survivors and their loved ones.
JOB TITLE: VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR
JOB SUMMARY: The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for recruitment and direct supervision of advocate volunteers. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for training and supervising the volunteer advocates in all components of direct service provision, including: crisis intervention, advocacy and accompaniment, emotional support, and case coordination to sexual assault survivors and their loved ones at any stage of their recovery process. The Coordinator will also provide minimal direct services to survivors of sexual violence. The Coordinator will also assist with implementing plans for program development. Some evenings and weekends required for community outreach events.
CREDENTIALS, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES:
- BA or BS in Social Work, Counseling, Nursing, Psychology, Criminal Justice or related field, and/or 2 years of direct service experience required
- One year of supervisory/management experience
- Experience in crisis intervention
- Participate in 24/7 hotline coverage
- Must be able to respond to downtown Jacksonville within 30 minutes from your home
- Proficiency in Microsoft computer programs
- Knowledge of sexual violence issues
- Ability to navigate the criminal justice system
- Reliable transportation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience conducting formal and informal networking and community organizing
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- BA or BS in Social Work, Counseling, Nursing, Psychology, Criminal Justice or related field
- Experience in crisis intervention and case management.
- Experience with sexual assault or domestic violence programs
- Awareness of feminism and sensitivity to the issues of women preferred.
- Recruit, interview and train new volunteers
- Conduct orientation to all volunteers
- Participate in outreach activities and tabling events
- Participate in 24/7 hotline coverage
- Provide crisis intervention
- Supplemental Insurance
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Employee Discounts
RATE OF PAY: 35,360-37,000
CLOSING DATE: March 14, 2019
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills.
The Women’s Center of Jacksonville is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. The Women’s Center strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.