- Jacksonville, FL
POSITION: CONTRACT SEXUAL ASSAULT NURSE EXAMINER
JOB SUMMARY: The Women’s Center of Jacksonville serves as the certified rape crisis center for Duval, Baker and Nassau Counties, offering comprehensive sexual assault services to survivors and their loved ones. The contract Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner will perform sexual assault exams in Duval, Baker and Nassau Counties, including hospital emergency rooms. The SANE nurse will interface with medical professionals, law enforcement agencies, criminal justice, victim advocates who provide services to victims of crime and violence. In addition, the SANE may also be responsible for testifying as an expert witness in the court of law. Flexibility in scheduling, evening, day and/or weekend hours are essential. Must be able to physically respond to calls within 45 minutes from the time the call is received.
CREDENTIALS, EXPERIENCE, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Maintain BLS certification
- Must provide updated health screenings or obtain i.e. flu shot/waiver, TB screening, drug screening and proof of Hep B vaccine/screening
- Must maintain professional liability coverage
- Completion of Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner training within 30 days of contract
- Ability to work with survivors of sexual violence and participate in the 24/7 program
- Reliable Transportation
- Ability to ensure compliance with standards
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- SANE Trained
RATE OF PAY: On Call pay $240 per day shift/ 290 per night shift, $100 per sexual assault exam performed that meets requirements of OAG or $25 per sexual assault exam that does not meet OAG, $22.50/hr for chart reviews, meetings and training’s
CLOSING DATE: May 3, 2019
All interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
The Women’s Center of Jacksonville is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. The Women’s Center strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.