- Jacksonville, FL
- Salary: $16.00 to $17.00 /hour
The Women’s Center of Jacksonville is a nonprofit Jacksonville-based organization offering education, support, and advocacy to survivors of all genders and ages. The Women’s Center of Jacksonville is the only certified rape crisis center in Duval, Baker and Nassau Counties and offers community education, counseling, referral assistance, rape prevention services and breast cancer education, support and advocacy at complementary and affordable prices.
The Women’s Center offers a challenging, dynamic and supportive environment to its employees. Awareness of feminism and sensitivity to the societal issues of women preferred. The Women’s Center embraces diversity in the workplace.
To be considered, a cover letter and resume must be submitted.
JOB TITLE: PROGRAM COORDINATOR (part-time)
JOB SUMMARY: The Program Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing educational programs for breast cancer survivors and women at high risk, providing up-to-date information, referrals, and serving as an alternate facilitator of support groups. In addition, the Program Coordinator finds new speakers or trainers for the program’s support groups.
CREDENTIALS, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree, preferably Public Health
- Minimum 2 years of experience with enhancing resources for oncology and/or breast health/care
- Must have experience in support group facilitation and public speaking forums, design, and layout of informational flyers
- Up to date knowledge and experience on women’s breast health/oncology issues
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, including letter writing, email, and other correspondence
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities
- Other duties as assigned by the Community Education Director
- Experience using Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and databases
RATE OF PAY: $16-17/hr
The position is part-time, 24 hours a week
- Supplemental Insurance
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Employee Discounts
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills.
The Women’s Center of Jacksonville is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. The Women’s Center strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.