- Jacksonville, FL
- Salary: $33,280.00 to $35,360.00 /year
The Women’s Center offers a challenging, dynamic and supportive environment to its employees. Awareness of feminism and sensitivity to the societal issues of women preferred. The Women’s Center embraces diversity in the workplace.
The Women’s Center of Jacksonville is a nonprofit Jacksonville-based organization offering education, support and advocacy to survivors of all genders and ages. Each year, the Women’s Center of Jacksonville provides 300 sexual assault survivors with forensic exams. The Women’s Center of Jacksonville is the only certified rape crisis center in Duval, Baker and Nassau Counties and also offers community education, counseling, referral assistance, rape prevention services and breast cancer education, support and advocacy at complimentary and affordable prices.
The Women’s Center of Jacksonville serves as the certified rape crisis center for Duval, Baker and Nassau Counties, offering comprehensive sexual assault services to survivors and their loved ones.
JOB TITLE: Sexual Assault Victim Advocate (Sex Trafficking Specific)
JOB SUMMARY: The Sexual Assault Victim Advocate (Sex Trafficking Specific) is responsible for providing crisis intervention, advocacy, emotional support, support groups, and case coordination to sexual assault and sex trafficking survivors and their loved ones at any stage of their recovery process. The Sexual Assault Victim Advocate (Sex Trafficking Specific) will be expected to communicate effectively with law enforcement, community agencies, and diverse populations. Participation in a 24/7 on-call rotation, including evenings and weekends, is mandatory.
CREDENTIALS, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES:
- BA or BS in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Criminal Justice or related field, and/or 2 years of direct service experience required
- Must be bi-lingual, specifically Spanish speaking
- Must be able to respond to downtown Jacksonville within 30 minutes from your home
- Proficiency in Microsoft computer programs
- Knowledge of sexual violence issues
- Ability to navigate the criminal justice system
- Reliable transportation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in public speaking
- Experience conducting formal and informal networking and community organizing, including facilitating professional trainings
- Awareness of feminism and sensitivity to the issues of women and diverse populations
- BA or BS in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Criminal Justice or related field
- Experience in crisis intervention and case management.
- Experience with sexual assault or domestic violence programs
- Experience working with sex trafficking survivors
- Advocacy and accompaniment for survivors of sex trafficking
- Provide human trafficking training to professionals
- Conduct outreach to sex trafficking survivors
- Conduct outreach and awareness to the community
- Participate in coalition-building efforts with stakeholders
- Participate in project conference calls
- Participate in on-call rotation of 24/7 hotline
- Supplemental Insurance
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Employee Discounts
RATE OF PAY: $33,945-$35,360
CLOSING DATE: March 14, 2019
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills.
The Women’s Center of Jacksonville is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. The Women’s Center strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.