Volunteer & Intern Opportunities
The Women's Center of Jacksonville welcomes volunteers and interns. Are you interested in becoming involved? We have many exciting opportunities that will allow you to make a difference in the lives of women and girls. Volunteers receive extensive training, so don't worry if you don't have experience.
- Art and Soul Committee Volunteer: If you are interested in local art, you can help plan and produce art exhibits at the Women's Center and in the community highlighting regional women artists.
- Bosom Buddies Volunteer Survivor Advocate: Bosom Buddies is looking for breast cancer survivors interested in being trained as volunteer Survivor Advocates. Advocates attend medical appointments, take notes, act as a “second set of ears” and help newly diagnosed women through the medical maze.
- Literacy Tutor: If you are passionate about literacy, participate in this rewarding program by tutoring students in reading, writing, math, social studies, science, computer skills, or English as a second language. Training and support are provided.
- On-Call Advocate: If you feel called to empower adult victims of sexual assault, you can train to become an advocate.
- Hot Line Advocate: Hotline volunteers respond to phone calls from victims of sexual assault.
- Rape Risk Reduction Educator: If you want to educate community members, students, police officers or community leaders about sexual violence, you can train to become an educator.
- Rape Recovery Team Assistant: Help to put together materials for presentations, assist with special events, help operate the Victims of Sexual Assault Hotline, make phone calls and much more!
- Other: Other opportunities exist that are not listed here. Please see the volunteer application below for more information.